It's all about how much you pack ... and how well you fold. A metaphor for life (maybe).
Mini-Burritos for Bobos (Breakfast Edition)
Three mini-peppers diced (yellow and orange).
One shallot clove diced
Two tablespoons of cooked black beans
Two tablespoons of shredded swiss cheese
Two one-inch slices of avocado
Two tablespoons of plain organic yogurt
Two mid-size whole wheat tortillas
Two tablespoons of pico de gallo
One tablespoon of butter
One tablespoon of olive oil
One teaspoon of Adobo (the spice mix), for the peppers and shallots.
One Tecate (the beer), for the cook.
1. Sautee the peppers and shallots with Adobo in a pan with olive oil, for five minutes. Let them sit. Drink your beer (but hurry up, bobo, the peppers are cooling).
2. In a large ungreased non-stick pan, heat each tortilla for 30 seconds on each side, over a high flame.
3. Lay each tortilla flat, and lay down the ingredients above, in this order (they will hold together better): cheese, eggs, peppers & shallots, beans, avocado, yogurt.
4. Fold carefully, bottom side up about 1/3 of the way, then the long side across the whole pie, from right to left. [For help in learning how to fold (a critical life skill) go here.] Place on a large plate, with pico de gallo (the salsa) on the side.
5. Carry the dishes into the dining room, sidle up to your honey, push her iPad away, and enjoy the look of shock on her face. Sure never saw that on Epicurious. Right? Right.
Serves two -- three's a crowd, at breakfast.